Consulting and mentoring services
I invite you to further your career by taking advantage of my years of expertise. Is there a book proposal in your future? Do you have a recipe development project that just isn’t coming together? Are you hoping to get published in a popular magazine or newspaper? I offer a range of consulting services so that you can benefit from all the lessons I’ve learned as a successful freelance food writer. By enlisting the assistance of a seasoned veteran, you’ll keep light years ahead of your competition.
(Here is a story that Forbes.com did on my work as a food writer.)
Here are some of the services I offer:
- Recipe Development: Learn everything from the basics to advanced techniques and tips
- Developing a brand for your blog
- Developing your SM-ID and SM- Strategy – Developing and creating your social media identity and strategy
- Writing essays: how, markets, strategies etc
- Cookbook proposals – Advice on how to create one, publishers, e-publishing etc
Together, we’ll create a plan to help you get where you want to go. Get a boost on your career by hiring me to:
- Look over your work and guide you to becoming a better writer
- Edit your book proposal so it appeals to agents and publishers
- Refine and polish your recipes until they shine
- Increase your savvy of the food writing industry
- Help you bust through the brick walls that hinder new and experienced writers alike
To find out more about my rates, please email me.
If you are just getting started and need general advice on beginning a food writing career, I recommend taking my Intro to Food Writing Class, where I cover a vast array of topics that will help you learn about the basics food writing.
REFERENCE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. I have mentored many aspiring writers and seasoned ones as well. My clients have gone on to be published in major newspapers and magazines. Many have sold books!
I have been invited to speak at many conferences on social media and food writing. In fact, this year (2013), I am the coach in residence for the Association of Food Journalists and one of the key speakers for Eat Write Retreat. I also spoke this year at the Cookbook Conference at Roger Smith. My topic was how to create your social media identity.